- 1 kg. or about 2 pounds of beef, cut into 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ cubes
- 3 Tbs of cooking oil
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 1 bundle Bok Choy, cut into bite sizes
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 2 bananas (saba or burro)
- corn (optional)
- 4 Tbs of patis (fish sauce)
- 1 Tbs peppercorn
- 8 c water or more
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big casserole, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
Add beef and then water, salt, pepper and peppercorn.
- Boil until beef is tender, approximately 1 hr and 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, bok choy, corn (optional) and bananas and cook for additional 10-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Season with fish sauce as needed.