Skip to content
- 10 bananas ( saba ) or cassava, boiled and sliced
- 3 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup pinipig, toasted and ground finely ( optional )
- In a wood or marble mortar, pound bananas or cassava. ( Ingredients can also be grinded. )
- Add grated coconut and sugar gradually, then pound.
- Turn over the mixture with a big spoon.
- Add margarine and pound further until. Soft and smooth.
- Shape nilupak into small cakes or serve in saucers.
- Sprinkle with pinipig, if desired.