Looking for something sweet and chewy to satisfy your sudden sugar craving, but can’t be bothered to whip up something in the oven? These delicious no-bake bars will deliver the perfect mixture of scrumptious peanut butter with the milky richness of chocolate chips, and the softness of marshmallows whipped in for a pillowy, pretty finish that’s sure to delight anyone with a sweet tooth. All you have to do is leave it to set in the refrigerator for some time, and you’re guaranteed to have an effortless, ooey-gooey treat that’s easy to pack or make for large groups, and keep in the ref for whenever you need to sink your teeth into something lusciously sinful. With a flavor combination held together by little more than a cooled mixture of eggs, graham crackers and butter, can you really say no to something this good?
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows, plus more for the top
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus more for the top
- ⅓ cup Reese’s peanut butter chips, plus more for the top
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the sugar to the butter and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Whisk ¼ of the butter-sugar mixture to the beaten eggs little by little until completely incorporated. This will temper the eggs to keep them from scrambling.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the butter-sugar mixture in the saucepan, and place it on the stove top over medium heat once again. Whisk until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until incorporated. Set aside the mixture to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine, followed by the marshmallows, then the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Press the mixture evenly into a parchment lined 8×8 square baking dish and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the pan and cut into squares.
Recipe Source here