- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup orange juice (or the juice of 2 oranges)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. pearl onions, halved, keeping root-end in tact
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 10 oz. cherry, grape, or teardrop tomatoes, in assorted colors
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12″ metal skewers (If using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes, to reduce possibility of burning.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together wine, orange juice garlic, red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken cubes and toss to combine, making sure all pieces are covered in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. If using a gas or charcoal grill, heat to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan.
- Heat marinade over medium-high heat and boil for at least 5 minutes. The marinade will reduce and thicken.
- Build the skewers, threading the chicken, onions, peppers, and tomatoes as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the skewers on the heated grill or grill pan, and cook for 10-12 minutes, basting frequently with the reduced marinade and turning often, for even cooking on all sides.
- Remove to a platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining reduced marinade alongside as a dipping sauce.