OYSTER AND CLAM CHOWDER Recipe
- I medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium stalks celery, diced into ¼ – inch pieces
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 10 – oz can of shucked fresh oysters, drained and rinsed( if you can get small
- ones it is best)
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare onion, garlic and celery. Heat 1 tbsp broth in medium soup pot. Sauté onion, garlic and celery in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add rest of broth, tomato sauce, and Italian herbs. Simmer for another 25 minutes.
- Drain and rinse both oysters and clams. If oyster are big, add to chowder about 2 minutes before canned clams. Heat for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More