- 1 k. Bangus (Milkfish) Belly
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb size ginger cut into thin slices
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. whole black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 whole green sili
- 1 small ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced about ½ inch thick
- 2 small eggplants (aubergines), sliced diagonally about ½ inch thick
- cooking oil
- 1 sachet of Coffee mate (optional)
- Clean the Bangus.
- Wash fish thoroughly drain and slice diagonally.
- In a casserole put garlic, onion and ginger at the bottom.
- Arrange sliced bangus side by side.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup vinegar or 3 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix.
- Put on top vegetable, green sili and black pepper.
- Season with salt and drizzle with cooking oil.
- Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 8–12 minutes or until fish is cooked then add the coffee mate.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More