- 500g bihon
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp. dried prawns
- 5 gloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. achuete powder
- 4 cups shrimp stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 300g lechon carajay, sliced
- 100g baby squid, rings
- 300g prawns
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- 2pcs hard boiled egg (quartered)
- 500g shrimp head and shell only
- 1/2 liter water
- Heat the cooking oil and saute the dreid prawns and garlic. Next, add the flour and the achuete.
- Add the prawn stock, a little at a time until sauce thickens.
- Add fish sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- In another pot of boiling water, add the bihon noodles and cook until tender. Strain then place in a bowl top with the palabok sauce, lechon carajay, and other toppings.
- Boil water and add shrimp head and shells. Then bring to a simmer.
- Crush the head and shell of shrimp to extract every flavor.
- Simmer again then set aside.