- 450g penne pasta
- 130g diced pancetta or 6 rashers streaky smoked bacon, diced
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 red chillies, seeded and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 50g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Cook the penne in plenty of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan and dry fry the pancetta or bacon for 3-4 minutes until golden and beginning to crisp. Add one tablespoon of the oil, the garlic and chilli and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Stir in the remaining oil and the lemon juice and season generously.
- Drain the pasta very well, then add to the chilli and pancetta sauce. Add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Divide between four pasta bowls. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
Image Sources: http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/