Pata Hamonado Recipe
- 2 lbs. ham hock (pata), sliced or whole
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole pepper corn
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a pot, brown garlic in oil.
- Add pork leg and brown on all sides.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients, apart from the sliced pineapples.
- Bring to a boil and slowly simmer for 2 hrs.
- Add the pineapples then simmer for additional 15 minutes. Serve.