- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated orange rind
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soft peanut butter
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Stir in orange rind, lemon juice, salt and 2 cups (475 ml) sugar until well blended.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar over a piece of waxed paper, and turn the mixture out onto this.
- Using a rolling pin rubbed with more sugar, roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter over the sheet like jelly on a jelly roll.
- Roll the sheet up like a jelly roll and wrap it in the waxed paper.
- Lay the wrapped roll on a piece of cardboard to keep it straight and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then transfer to a covered candy box.
- When ready to serve, cut in slices 1/4 inch thick.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More