Pecan Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- For Shortbread:
- 5 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 oz firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 oz butter (softened)
- 2 oz pecans (finely chopped)
- For Cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3 oz sugar
- 4 oz milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For Pecan Pie Topping:
- 5 oz firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 oz light corn syrup
- 3 oz butter (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz pecans (coarsely chopped)
- To prepared shortbread, combine flour, brown sugar and butter in the food processor bowl and give few pulses to make soft crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs mixture to a mixing bowl and then mix with pecans.
- Take a greased rectangular baking pan, spread the prepared crumbs mixture at the bottom of the pan and press it to make even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 mins. then remove from oven and cool it to room temperature. Shortbread layer is now ready.
- To prepare cheesecake layer, beat cream cheese until becomes fluffy then beat with sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Pour this batter onto the shortbread layer and bake again for 15 mins. then remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Now to prepared pecan pie topping, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla extract and whisk again to mix.
- In the end add chopped pecans and mix.
- Now spread this mixture onto the cream cheese layer and bake for 30-40 mins. more until becomes brown and bakes well from the center.
- When the pecan cheesecake are cooled to room temperature after baking then cut into squares using sharp knife.