For the broth:
- 1 kilo beef bones
- 500 grams beef brisket, cut into cubes
- 1 pc ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 pc white onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 pcs star anise
- 5 pcs garlic cloves, slightly toasted
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 250 grams rice sticks noodles, soaked, cooked and drained
- 150 grams beef sirloin, sliced into paper-thin
- 1/2 white onion, sliced paper-thin
- 3 pcs spring onions, chopped
- 3 tbsps cilantro, chopped
- 200 grams bean sprouts
- 10 pcs basil leaves
- 3 pcs red chili
- 1 pc lime, cut into thin wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the broth:
- Put water in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- In a second pot, place beef bones and brisket. Add water until bones and meat are covered. Boil for five minutes.
- Transfer the bones and meat to the first pot of boiling water. Discard the previously used one.
- Add ginger and onions, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until the brisket is tender.
- When the broth is simmering, add star anise and garlic cloves. Simmer until fragrant, then remove the anise, garlic and onions.
- Add salt.
- Put the noodles in a bowl.
- Add beef brisket pieces and raw sirloin.
- Ladle about two to three cups of the boiling broth to the bowl.
- Top with onions, chopped spring onions, basil, bean sprouts, red chili and a lime wedge.
- Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More