- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil for deep frying
- 5 cups brown sugar
- a pinch of sial.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, Set aside
- Beat egg and add to the milk Pour this mixture into sifted flour.
- Knead until smooth, then divide into several portions,
- Roll each portion on bread board into strips 4 inches long,
- Twist the strip to bring the ends together ( or make an”8″ shape, if desired).
- Fry in hot oil until brown, drain, and dip in syrup.
- To make syrup; Put brown sugar and a little water in a saucepan, Caramelize over medium heat, stirring cons-tantly until sugar is dissolved.