- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 piece large onion, sliced
- 1 kilo beef chuck,cubed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 1 slice lemon with rind
- 2 pcs large potato, cut into big cubes
- 1 pc carrot, cut into big cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pcs. bay leaves (Laurel)
- Cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Fry potatoes in a pan.
- In a separate pan, heat cooking oil then sauté the garlic and onion.
- Put the beef and sauté for about three minutes or until color turns light brown.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce and water then simmer until the meat is tender. Add water as needed.
- Add the soy sauce, ground black pepper, lemon rind, laurel leaves, and salt then simmer until excess liquid evaporates.
- Add carrots and cook until soft.
- Transfer to a serving dish, topped with the fried potatoes.