Pizza Pan de Sal Recipe
- 6 large pan de salt halved butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. hot barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chopped salami or hotdog
- 1 tbsp. sweet mixed pickles
- 1 tsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 large frankfurters sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg sliced (optional)
- Remove some of the inner part of the bread. (Another way is to remove all the soft inner parts and leave only the crusty portion.)
- Butter the remaining parts. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato paste, barbecue sauce, salami or hotdog, pickles, and bell pepper.
- Fill each half of pan de salt with the mixture.
- Cover each piece with grated cheese.
- Garnish each with slices of frankfurter and a slice of hard-boiled egg.
- Bake at 250”F until the cheese melts.