POACHED EGG OVER SPINACH Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp light vinegar
- 1 lb fresh spinach ( or kale or collard greens )
- Mediterranean Dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Use a large pot ( 3 quart ) with lots of water. Bring water to rapid boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, press or chop garlic and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health – promoting properties.
- Wash spinach.
- When water is at full boil, place spinach into the pot. Do not cover. Cooking uncovered helps the acids to escape into the air. Cook spinach for 1 minutes; begin timing a soon as you drop the spinach into the boiling water.
- After the spinach has cooked for 1 minute ( do not wait for water to return to a boil), use a mesh strainer with a handle to remove spinach from the pot. Press out excess liquid.
- Toss spinach with dressing ingredients while it is still hot. Mediterranean dressing does not have to be made separately.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More