- 1 kilo beef shank and beef cubes
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 10 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 big Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 4 pcs medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 big carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, sliced in 2-inch pieces spring onions for garnish
- 6 pieces saging saba, fully ripened, boiled separately, for serving
- Pre-marinate the beef pieces in the Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a heavy stock pot, over medium high heat, add the vegetable oil and saute the garlic, onions and celery. Add the Spanish chorizo slices for 1 to 2 minutes to flavor the oil, then remove the chorizos and set aside.
- Add the beef chunks, and pan sear for about 5 to 8 minutes till beef gets brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste. Pour in the beef broth and season with salt and pepper. Let the broth boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then lower heat to a slow simmer. Cover pot and cook on slow fire till beef chunks are soft and fork-tender for about 2 hours.
- Towards the end of the cooking, add the potatoes, green beans and carrots. Cook them for about 20 minutes till they soften and blend in the tomato sauce flavors. Lastly add the cabbage, and the chorizos. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot with boiled saba and rice.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More