Pork Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce Recipe
March 10, 2015
- 1 medium size pork tenderloin, about 1/2 kilo, sliced into strips
- 1 medium to large size ampalaya, split in halves de-seeded, sliced crosswise
- 1 small size onion, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. ground peppercorns
- cooking oil
- Marinate pork strips in soy sauce, half of the cornstarch and a dash of salt and pepper for 10 to 15 minutes. In a wok, heat cooking oil and stir fry thepork in batches until color changes to brown and start to sizzle, set aside.
- Using the same wok sauté garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add in the ampalaya and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes then add in 1/2 to 1 cup of water. Continue to cook another 3 to 5 minutes or until the ampalaya is just cooked.
- Add in the pork and oyster sauce and stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with the remaining cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup of water, cook for another half a minute until sauce thickens. Correct saltines if required.
- Serve hot with a lot of rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More