Sometimes it’s nice to put a twist on some familiar favorites and spice up the usual dinner fare, and ramen, a Japanese noodle dish, has become quite popular amongst Filipinos for its rich broths and hearty inclusion of sliced meat and filling noodles. Here, this recipe puts together the best parts of ramen—the salty-sweet mariner’s sauce with soy sauce, ginger and sake for marinating the meat, sliced boiled eggs for protein, and some tasty noodles—with the deliciousness of traditional bulalo. The inclusion of fresh pechay, carrots and crunchy sweet corn as a contrast to the rich taste of well-cooked beef makes this a complete meal in itself. You can also slice up some fresh scallions or sprinkle on some nori strips for an extra touch of the Land of The Rising Sun—definitely a steaming bowlful to remember that’s excellent comfort food for any day of the week.
Pork Liver Steak (Bistek Style) Recipe
- ¼ kilo pork lover
- 3 tbs toyo (soy sauce)
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium size calamansi, juiced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large potato, unpeeled and sliced
- Place the liver into a bowl. Add soysauce, liquid seasoning and calamansi juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place the bowl in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- On a hot skillet, add oil and butter. Fry the liver for about 3-4 minutes. Turn it over then fry again for about 4 minutes. Place on a plate and set aside.
- On the same skillet, fry the potato chips until cooked. The drippings from the liver will give flavor to the potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. When cooked, put it on top of the liver.
- Still on the the same skillet, add the left-over liver marinate. Turn off the stove. Add the onions. The heat will be enough to cook the onions. Then put the sauce and onion on top of the liver.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More