Prawn Cooked In Creamy Coconut Milk Gravy Recipe
October 24, 2016
- 250 Gms Large Prawns (Peeled and Deveined)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Divided into 2 parts)
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 medium sized Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Marinate the large prawns with Salt, ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder and Vinegar for around 30 mins – 1 hr.
- Take 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil in a wok and fry the prawns till light golden brown in colour. (Fry only the prawns discarding the liquid released during marination). Set aside.
- Take 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil in the wok and fry the Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes , Curry Leaves(Discard the stem) and Green Chillies and sauté for around 10-15 mins or till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Take it off the flame and Puree the mixture in a mixer or with a blender.
- Add the pureed mixture back to the wok. Now add the coconut milk , Yogurt , Rest of the Turmeric Powder and Salt as per the gravy and mix well.
- Add in the fried prawns and cook till it starts to boil.
- Reduce flame and cook covered on low flame till the prawns are softened and the gravy is of creamy texture.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with Steamed Rice.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More