Puto (Steamed Rice Cake) Recipe
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooked rice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Oil for brushing pans
- Cheese sliced into small pieces (optional)
- Wash rice and soak in water for at least 5 hours; add the cooked rice.
- Pour the soaked rice in the blender and add some water used for soaking until it reaches the level of the rice. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes only.
- Pour into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients; mix until smooth. Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Brush muffin pans with oil then pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin well. Place muffin pan in a steamer and steam over high heat for about 15 minutes. Make sure that you don’t open the steamer during the cooking process.