Raisin Tomato Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅔ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Powdered Milk
- ¼ cup Butter or margarine
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 pc Egg separated
- 1 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ cup Toasted Cashew Nuts chopped
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 35 pc Paper Muffin Cups about 1 tablespoon capacity
- 1 pouch 115 grams Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350o F. Line muffin pan with muffin cups. Set aside.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar until creamy, then add egg yolk. Beat well.
- Add alternately DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce and flour mixture while beating until well blended. Set aside.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar gradually. Continue beating until stiff but not dry. Fold in flour mixture and cashew nuts.
- Fill muffin cup with half-full of batter. Top with raisins. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Makes 35 muffins