Roasted duck with orange sauce Recipe
- 3 1/2 pounds duck cleaned
- 1 orange peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, optional
- 2 oranges sliced
- 1 bunch parsley for garnish
- Wash duck, dry it and make sure to remove any remaining pinfeathers.
- Pull away and discard any loose pieces of fat.
- Place the peeled orange inside duck cavity, sprinkle the outside of duck lightly with salt and garlic powder.
- Rub the salt and garlic into the skin but do not prick the skin.
- Line the bottom of a roasting pan with aluminum foil to catch grease, place the duck on a rack in the roasting pan.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 1 hour on 375 degrees F oven.
- In a bowl mix brown sugar and cornstarch.
- In a saucepan place the mixture together with the orange juice, ornage rind, lemon juice and orange liqueur.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture loses its cloudiness and thickens slightly.
- Remove duck from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not turn oven off.
- Split the duck in half remove the breast bone.
- Drain off any remaining fat for pan.
- Place the duck halves on the rack skin side up.
- Brush the duck with the orange sauce and reserve the remaining sauce to serve at the table.
- Roast the duck for another 30 to 40 minutes. When done the skin should be very crispy and browned.
- Serve the duck surrounded by orange rounds and garnish with parsley.
- Pour the warm orange sauce into a gravey bowl and pass around.
- Serve with a wild rice medley.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More