Let’s get ready to rumble! A combination of your favorite fruits and chocolates (marshmallows)! Yes, it is! Find out how in this rocky road fruit gelatin recipe lifted from Del Monte Kitchenomics.
You already know about gelatin or agar for sure. You have tried doing it once in your childhood or maybe just recently. As I child, I remember helping my relatives with their gelatin for fiestas. yes, this is one staple dessert among barrio fiestas and even weddings! Maybe you have seen one already. Others can have it simple, just that agar mix in an oval-shaped mold. Others would just be so creative and have something different and unique with their gelatin as a parfait-like dessert.
Well, we want to have something creative as well, so here is something that you can be busy about. How does it feel to see your favorite chunks of fruit in a chewy goodness, topped with your favorite chocolate mallows? Heaven! Try it and share us how it works for you.
- 1¼ tbsp Unflavored Gelatin
- ½ cup Fruit Cocktail Syrup
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Chocolate Coated Twisted Marshmallows (cut up into ½ inch thick)
- 2 tbsp Toasted Unsalted Cashew (peanut, coarsely chopped (optional))
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained, reserve syrup)
- Mix gelatin and fruit cocktail syrup. Stir until well blended. Heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from flame.
- Stir in sugar, milk and DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.
- Pour into 7” x 7” pan. Top with peanuts. Cover and Chill until set. Top with marshmallow before servings.
- Makes 10 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
Lusog note: Good source of Calcium – for strong bones and teeth.
do you a have a recipe book??? where can i buy?? thanks.