Salmon In Citrus Sauce Recipe
- 11/2 lbs salmon fillets, skin and bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 11/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, or if you have if, green fennel tops
- salt and while pepper to taste
- Preheat broller and place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet under broller for about 10 minutes to get if very hot.
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While skillet is heating, place chopped onion, garlic, fennel seeds, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and orange juice in a shallow, wide saucepan and cook on high heat for about 10-15 minutes to reduce to half the volume.
- Season salmon places with 2 tsp lemon juice, salt and pepper and place on hot pan from broller. Return pan to broller (approximately 5-7 inches from heat) and broil salmon for about 7 minutes depending on thickness (10 minutes per inch of thickness). Do not turn, as salmon is cooking on both sides at once.
- Remove salmon from pan, and place on platter, Season citrus sauce with salt and pepper and strain liquid over salmon, Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More