- 11/2 lb salmon fillet, deboned and skin removed cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cups thinly sliced washed cucumber, do not peel
- 2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed
- ½ cup chopped scallion
- 3 chopped fresh cilantro
- 11/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint Dressing
- 2 + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil salt and cracked black pepper to taste
*if you like food less spicy, use less jalapeno pepper
- Preheat broiler and place an all stainless steel skillet or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get if very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- While pan is heating, prepare the remaining five ingredients.
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that if is cooking rapidly on both sides so if will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. If will flake easily when if is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- While salmon is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, When ready to serve toss with cucumber mixture, Do not toss ahead as if will dilute the flavor.
- Place cucumber salad on a platter and place salmon on top, garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.