Salmon With Mint Salsa Recipe
- 11/2 Lbs salmon filets skin and bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fonely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. finely minced scallion
- 1 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium ripe fresh tomato, seeds and excess pilp
- Removed, diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- To broil: Preheat broiler on high and place on all stainless steel skillet or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot, The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat sauce,
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When pan is hot, use a hot pad to pull out the Pan from the heat and place salmon on it, skin side Down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly (usually about 7 minutes for every inch of thickness). Salmon does not need to be turned, Test with a fork for Doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is Best when it is still pink inside.
- Mix together salsa ingredients in a bowl, and set Aside. Serve on top of salmon.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More