- 1 large fish (lapu-lapu or apahap). And scales removed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped finely
- ½ cup bread crumbs or cornstarch oil for deep frying.
- 3 tbsp. patis
- 1 tsp. Vetsin
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onions
- Prepare marinade by combining patis, calamansi juice. Pepper and minced garlic.
- Marinate fish for at least 4 hours. Drain., Set aside marinade for later use.
- Roll fish in bread crumbs or cornstarch.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Saute garlic ( drained from patis mixture), onion and tomatoes.
- Add marinade and cook until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Place fried fish in serving dish, then pour sauce on top.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions.