Savory French Toast Casserole Recipe
baked, BREAD RECIPES, CHEF BOY LOGRO RECIPES, Chicken Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Egg Recipes, Filipino Recipes, Lasang Pinoy, Lutong Pinoy, Meryenda Recipes, Panlasang Pinoy, Panlasang Pinoy Recipes, Pinoy Recipes
October 14, 2013
- 8 pcs loaf bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick melting cheese, grated
- 1 cup bacon, cut into 1 inch cube
- 1/2 cup ham, cut into 1 inch cube
- 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pc white onion, diced
- 1 pc apple, diced
- fresh basil for garnish, chiffonade
- In a pan, cook bacon until lightly brown, then add the ham, tomatoes, onion and apples. Season with pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine milk with cinnamon and sugar. Then dredge the bread in milk mixture, then beaten eggs and layer onto the baking dish.
- For the middle layer, add the cooked bacon, ham and diced apples.
- Then add another layer of dredged bread as the top layer.
- Finally, sprinkle grated quick melting cheese and place in a preheated oven (375 degrees) until cheese is golden brown.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More