- 150 grams bottled crab fat
- 300 grams of clams
- 300 grams of mussels
- 10-15 pieces of shrimps
- 250 grams of spaghetti
- 1 pc garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 2 pcs tomato, sliced into wedges
- 1 piece small ginger
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Slice of lemon or one piece of calamansi
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside ¼ cup of the pasta water, then drain the noodles.
- Boil the clams and mussels in water. Add ginger. Bring to a boil. Cook until the mussels and clams open up.
- Remove the opened clams and mussels from the water. Set aside some broth. Let the clams and mussels cool and remove from the shells.
- Remove shrimp head and shell. Reserve the shrimp heads. Squash the shrimp heads, pour a portion of the seafood water, then strain it.
- In a pan, saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes in olive oil until soft.
- Add the shrimps until they’re evenly cooked.
- Empty the crab fat bottle. Add seafood broth and simmer for five-seven minutes.
- Add a dash of Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta into the pan and stir. Toss and serve in a plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of your serving bowl and drizzle it with a slice of lemon or calamansi.