Seafood Congee Recipe
CHEF BOY LOGRO RECIPES, Filipino Recipes, Lasang Pinoy, Lutong Pinoy, Panlasang Pinoy, Panlasang Pinoy Recipes, Pinoy Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Soup, Soup Recipes
August 19, 2013
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water, diced and stock reserved
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ -inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g squid, bodies cut into rings
- 100g clams, cleaned
- 100g mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 150g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 100g bok choy, cut in half through the stem and sliced, stems and leaves separated
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves separated from the stems
- Century egg, to top (optional)
- Heat a wok or pan over high heat and the vegetable oil. Once smoking, add the ginger, shallots and diced mushrooms and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add in the squid, clams, mussels and shrimp, and stir-fry until the shrimp changes color. Toss in the cooked rice.
- Then add the reserved mushroom stock and vegetable stock and bring to boil. Season the mixture with the rice wine, light soy sauce, salt and white pepper.
- Add the bok choy stems, bamboo shoots and cilantro stems and cook 1 minute before adding the bok choy leaves. Simmer until the seafood is cooked and the clam and mussel shells have opened. Discard any unopened clams or mussels. Serve immediately, garnished with the cilantro leaves and top with century egg if preferred.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More