- ½ lb bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, seeds and excess pulp removed
- ½ medium onion, finely minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 oz can diced green chili
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ lb small cooked shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rinse and try scallops. Put into lemon juice .
- Mince onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health promoting properties.
- Prepare rest of ingredients and mix in a bowl with onion and garlic.
- Add scallops and lemon juice at end. Letting the scallops sit in the lemon juice while preparing rest of ingredients allows them to marinate. If you can prepare this soup ahead of time and place in refrigerator for an hour on more, the taste improves.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More