Shrimp Wonton Soup Recipe
- ¼ lb jumbo cooked shrimp, separated
- ⅛ cup water
- chestnuts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion pinch of white pepper
- 18 wonton skins
- 48 oz( 1½ quart) low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Roughly chop the cooked shrimp reserving four of them for garnishing.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chopped green onion, and a pinch of white pepper.
- Lay out several wonton skins and place a teaspoon or so of the shrimp mixture in the center. Dip the tip of your finger in a bit of water and dampen the edge of half the wonton.
- Fold the wonton skin over to cover the filling and use a fork to press down the edges. Repeat till the filling is all used up. (I got 18 wontons).
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and soy sauce to a low boil. Add in the wontons, snow peas, and shredded carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the wontons are done and the veggies are cooked, but still crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately garnishing with the reserved shrimp, red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion!