Shrimp Wonton Soup Recipe
- ¼ lb jumbo cooked shrimp, separated
- ⅛ cup water
- chestnuts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion pinch of white pepper
- 18 wonton skins
- 48 oz( 1½ quart) low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Roughly chop the cooked shrimp reserving four of them for garnishing.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chopped green onion, and a pinch of white pepper.
- Lay out several wonton skins and place a teaspoon or so of the shrimp mixture in the center. Dip the tip of your finger in a bit of water and dampen the edge of half the wonton.
- Fold the wonton skin over to cover the filling and use a fork to press down the edges. Repeat till the filling is all used up. (I got 18 wontons).
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and soy sauce to a low boil. Add in the wontons, snow peas, and shredded carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the wontons are done and the veggies are cooked, but still crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately garnishing with the reserved shrimp, red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion!
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More