- 500g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tbsps parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 100g mozzarella, grated/thinly sliced
- To make the burgers, combine the ground beef, egg, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery in a large bowl and mix well. Divide the mixture into 10 even-sized balls. Take one of the balls and flatten it in your hand to form a flat patty, place 1/4 of the mozzarella in the middle of the patty and top with another ball.
- Flatten the ball with your other hand and crimp the edges of the two patties together to seal the cheese inside. Place the patties on a greased tray and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When the patties have been chilled, fry in a hot frying pan for 4-5 minutes per side (or until cooked to your liking). Serve the patties on hot rice with caramelized onions and brown gravy sauce.
Brown Gravy Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 liter beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for five minutes, until the mixture is golden-brown. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in a cup of the cold beef broth, and then add the rest of the ingredients, except the salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, whisking, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More