Do you want something sweet that is easy to make? Well, this recipe is for you. I’m sure that kids will love this one. Snowballs. Have you heard about them before? Yeah, you may have imagined real snowballs. That is how snowball should look like: white in color and round in shape.
In addition to its easy preparation, another good thing about this snowball recipe is that you will use ingredients that are commonly found in your pantry or be bought from nearby stores. Marshmallows, all-purpose cream, sugar, gelatin, and crushed pineapple. You can also use some toasted cashew nuts as toppings or substitute it with something else that you may want. I prefer nuts. I love nuts!
Snowball recipes may differ. There are several varieties that may largely differ from one another. One version uses sweet potato and glutinous rice; the dough is formed into balls and covered with shredded coconut as coating. Our recipe here uses no coconut nor sweet potato. The similarities lie in the ball-shaped treat and white covering, which resembles that of snow.
Nevertheless, an account about sno balls from which this snowballs may come from can be found in the Internet. Sno balls are chocolate cakes filled with cream and covered with marshmallow frosting and coconut flakes. A similar cake known as snowball is also often sold in the United Kingdom; this snowball cake is also covered with dessicated coconut. They may be the inspiration of our snowball recipe.
This recipe here is a variation of the original one. What I like this recipe is that the product can let you experience freshness with its fruit inclusion. Our snowball here is also round with whitish color due to the color of all-purpose cream. The added nuts provide extra texture. With its sweetness and appearance, this treat may be a hit. Why don’t you try it? Enjoy!
- 250 grams Marshmallow
- 1 pack (250 ml) All-Purpose Cream (chilled)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unflavored Gelatin (dissolved in ¼ cup water)
- ¼ cup Toasted Cashew Nuts (coarsely chopped)
- Paper Cups
- 1 can (227 grams) Del Monte Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
- Combine DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple and marshmallow. Let stand for 1 hour. Meanwhile, heat gelatine until dissolved. Set aside. Beat all-purpose cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple-marshmallow mixture then Fold In gelatin. Cover and chill overnight.
- Scoop into small balls by using ice cream scoop then transfer into paper cups. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until ready to serve.
- Makes 13 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Ice cream Scooper
- Wooden Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Lusog Notes: This contains vitamin C, which helps fight off common infections.