Soba Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 250 grams dried shitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 150 grams pork belly, sliced thinly about 1 mm thick/ bacon cut
- 250 grams soba noodles
- ½ cup chopped scallions or chives
- 2 pcs hardboiled egg, cut in half
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- Hot sauce to taste
- Crunchy breadcrumbs for topping
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger; stir fry for two minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add the miso, chicken broth and the water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the pork, mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms and pork have softened and the broth is flavorful.
- Add noodles to the hot liquid and simmer for an additional five minutes or until the noodles have softened.
- Add the scallions and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, stir in the carrots and hardboiled egg, and top with crunchy breadcrumbs, scallions and hot sauce to taste.
- To make the crunchy breadcrumbs:
- Heat a little oil in a pan and stir-fry breadcrumbs until golden brown.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More