Soba Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 250 grams dried shitake mushrooms sliced thinly
- 150 grams pork belly sliced thinly about 1 mm thick/ bacon cut
- 250 grams soba noodles
- ½ cup chopped scallions or chives
- 2 pcs hardboiled egg cut in half
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- Hot sauce to taste
- Crunchy breadcrumbs for topping
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger; stir fry for two minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add the miso, chicken broth and the water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the pork, mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms and pork have softened and the broth is flavorful.
- Add noodles to the hot liquid and simmer for an additional five minutes or until the noodles have softened.
- Add the scallions and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, stir in the carrots and hardboiled egg, and top with crunchy breadcrumbs, scallions and hot sauce to taste.
- To make the crunchy breadcrumbs:
- Heat a little oil in a pan and stir-fry breadcrumbs until golden brown.