- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 cups diced zucchini ½ inch cubes
- 1 lb cod filets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 ripe but firm medium avocado, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
*If you like your food less spicy, consider using less jalapeno pepper
- Cut onion and press garlic and let sit for least 5 minutes.
- Prepare all other ingredients before starting the sauté.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Saute onion in broth over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, jalapeno, and cod and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rest of ingredients, except avocado, and cook for another 2 minutes, add avocado, season with salt pepper and serve