Spice up your meal with this tasty, easy spicy Asian shrimp recipe!
We, Filipinos, love shrimp! Don’t we? Well, except for those who can develop allergic reactions after eating this tasty sea creature. Spicy Asian shrimp is a nutritious dish containing selenium, vitamin C, protein and vitamin D. This will not just spice up your meal, but also your health.
Lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic, orange juice, olive oil. Shrimp, which has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and low levels of mercury. Such a load of nutrient-filled condiments, or I would say ingredients, which will surely boost your appetite. However, shrimp and other shellfish are among the most common food allergens. So, please be cautious.
In this recipe, instead of rubbing, you can also try marinating the shrimp first in lemon juice, salt and pepper to allow the flavours to seep in before sautéing it with the remaining ingredients. Or if you want it extra hot, will it hurt if extra chili would be added? Well, you may want to find that out.
Spicy Asian shrimp is beyond being a meal. This entrée can serve as an appetizer in any gathering. Surely, you’ll have the crowd gathered at the table once this is served.
Want to experience this spicy and garlicky treat? Try it now! Happy eating!
- ½ lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rub shrimp with 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 tbsp broth over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add shrimp, red pepper flakes, orange juice and ginger and sauté. Stir frequently. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic, sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cooking time. They become tough if overcooked.
- Dress with the extra virgin olive oil and the remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice.
Please download the recipe here