- 2 lbs beef chuck
- 2-3 hot dogs slice diagonally
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 Serrano Chile, cut
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 Tbls olive or canola oil
- 2 carrots
- Boil 1 cup of water with a few chunks of the chuck beef or use beef broth as a substitute, and bring to boil. Simmer and set aside.
- Brown the meat and set aside.
- Remove any liquid from the pot and add oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add the beef and hot dogs and mix for 2 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth (or water), soy sauce, bay leaves and Serrano chile. Bring to boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until meat is tender. Or pressure cook for 40 minutes
- Cut carrots and boil separately for 15 minutes. When meat is done, add carrots and 1 lemon slice.
- Serve warm.
Source: Filipino Recipe Reviews