- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each), cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½inch sliced fresh ginger, sliced (or ½ tsp dried ginger)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnaman sticks
- 5 pcs star anise
- ½ tsp dried fennel seeds
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped in big pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped in big pieces
- 6 whole medium dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 lb green beans, ends cut off
- ½ cup minced scallions
- CHOP ONION AND GARLIC AND LET SIT FOR 5 MINUTES.
- Saute onion in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute. Add chicken broth, ginger, cloves cinnamon stick, star anise, fennel seeds, and shiitake mushrooms, Turn heat to medium-high and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cut ends off beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Strain broth mixture (saving shiitake mushrooms) and put liquid back into pan. Bring to a boil and simmer on high heat with chicken pieces and green beans. You may need to skim the surface a little while chicken pieces are cooking. Slice shiitake mushrooms and add to chicken and broth. Add scallion as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Please download the recipe here