- I pc dried drame or hijiki seasweed
- 12 oz firm tifu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¾ cup chopped scallion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp mirin rice wine
- Pinch of red chili flakes to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in ½ cup water until soft ( about 15 minutes). Slice, removing the stem. Retain mushroom soaking water
- Place tofu on paper towels to drain some of the moisture while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Rinse and soak seaweed in warm water while preparing rest of ingredients. Squeeze out excess water before adding.
- Add the mushroom water to a wok or 10 – inch skillet and bring to a boil. Add ginger, seaweed, mushrooms, scallion, mirin, and tofu, and simmer, for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.