Don’t know what to do with your leftover sliced bread? Here is what you need-a bread pudding recipe!
No need to waste your bread from yesterday’s party by sending them off to that black bag or placing them in your compost pit or give them to your dogs (do they eat bread? I’m not sure). Why throw them away if you can put them into good use. Bread pudding!
As known, bread pudding is a bread-based dessert that is popular in the Philippines and other countries. Try the nearest bake shop or bakery and you will find their own version of bread pudding. Basically, this dessert is made with stale bread, milk, or cream. It also contains eggs and a form of fat, such as oil, butter or suet. Depending on whether the pudding is sweet or savory, a variety of other ingredients can also be added. Sweet bread puddings may use sugar, syrup,honey, dried fruit, as well as spices such as cinnamon, or vanilla. The bread is soaked in the liquids, mixed with the other ingredients, and baked.
Combining bread and a savory sauce, your steamed caramel bread pudding can be a hit! Try it now!
Steamed Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
- 6 pcs Egg Yolk
- 1 can 370 ml Evaporated Milk
- 1 can 330 ml Condensed Milk
- 12 slices White Bread
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 can 432 grams Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail(drained)
- Heat a pan then add 1/2 cup of sugar. Allow to melt and cook until caramel colored. Pour into a 7 inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients then pour into the pan.
- Steam for 30 – 40 minutes or until the custard is not jiggly when you move the pan.
- Makes 8 servings.