- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 1 1/2 pounds whole walleye or red snapper, well cleaned
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions, for garnish
- Place the black beans in a bowl and cover with warm water for about 2 minutes.
- Stir and rinse. Drain well. Add the ginger, oil, garlic, salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix and set aside. Cleaned the fish well and pat dry. Rub the cavity and outside of the fish with the black beans mixture. Place in foil, cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Steamed the fish over boiling water for about 15 minutes until cooked (check if the fish flakes easily).
- You can also microwave it for 3 minutes on high. Rotate the dish and cook for another 2 minutes on high.
- I wanted to try out our new Imarflex turbo broiler, so I cooked it at 450F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More