- 4 pieces of halibut fillet, or steaks, about 5-6 oz each
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 5 cups chopped bok choy, cut into ½-inch slices
- (remove tips of leaves and discard)
- 2 cups thickly sliced fresh shitake mushrooms, 1/2 –inch
Thick), stems removed
- 1/3 cup minced scallion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion, chop bok choy, and press garlic and let Them sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health- Promoting properties.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside,
- Add 2-inches of water to the bottom of a steamer And bring to a boll.
- Layer the onion, bok choy, mushrooms, and halibut In this order, in their steamer basket, Cover, and steam For about 3-5 minutes, Sprinkle a little salt and white Pepper over halibut before steaming.
- Serve on a platter with halibut nestled on top of Vegetables and drizzle dressing over all of it.