- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 500 g beef rump steak thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 onion halved thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions cut into 5cm lengths
- steamed rice or noodles to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok on high. Stir fry beef in batches for 1-2 mins until brown. Remove each batch of beef from pan and set aside. Heat remaining oil in same wok on high. Stir fry onion for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Add spring onion, garlic and ginger and cook 1-2 mins until fragrant. Return beef to pan. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to beef and stir fry for 1 min until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve stir-fried beef with steamed rice or noodles.
Recipe Source here