- ½ medium onion, sliced medium thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth broth
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, cut into about 1/2 –inch pieces with no stem
- 1 lb cod filet, cut into 1 inch pieces (use thick fillets)
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and while pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Sweet n’ Sour Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup mirin rice wine
- 2 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion and mince garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and simmer in a small saucepan over high heat for about 15 minutes. Reducing if to half the volume. Set aside. This will intensify the flavor.
- While sauce is reducing prepare rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Stir-fry onion in broth for 1 minute over medium high heat, stirring constant fly.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cod and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet n’ sour sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Please download the recipe here