- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup leftover mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat an 8-inch metal cake pan with high sides with canola oil, tipping to fully coat.
- Combine granulated sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan, tipping quickly until caramelized sugar coats bottom of pan.
- Place sweet potato and next 7 ingredients (through eggs) in a blender; process until smooth.
- Add milk; process just until blended. Pour mixture over caramel in pan.
- Place pan in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; add hot water to dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from water. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Invert flan onto a platter, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Drizzle any remaining caramel syrup over flan.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More