- 4 pig’s tails, washed thoroughly
- 21/2 cups pork or vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot, chopped coarsely
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg
- 6 black peppercorns
- Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 4 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- Put pigs’ tails in an oven proof dish with onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, and peppercorns, Pour stock on it.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350”F until tails are very tender.
- Remove tails from the stock and let cool. (The stock may be strained into a bowl and refrigerated for late use with a soup or casserole)
- Beat egg lightly with mustard
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dust pig’s tails with flour, then roll them in egg and mustard mixture, then in bread crumbs.
- Turn up oven to 400:F.
- Put oil and margarine in a raosting pan. Heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Add pig’s tails and roast for 15 minutes until brown and crisp. Turn once to make sure they are cooked evenly.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More