- ½ kilo prawns
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- 11/4 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder salt to taste
- For sauce
- 1 cup fish or shrimp broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ Cup ribe wine
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup grated radish(labanos)
- Unshell prawns but leave tail intact. Devein prawns.
- Make a short horizontal cut on inner side of prawns to prevent it from curling when cooked
- Season with salt and calamansi juice. Set aside’
- Heat egg. Add water, then beat again.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
- Dip each prawns in batter.
- Drop one by one in deep hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce. To make sauce; Mix ingredients. Cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Cool before serving.