- 4 medium pieces dried wakame seaweed soaked in 1 cup hot water (you
- should have about ¾ cup seaweed after soaking and then chopping it )
- 8 oz thick rice noodles
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 6-oz can coconut milk
- 1 lb cod cut into 1-inch pieces (thick cut)
- 1./2 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped into about ¾ inch pieces
- 2 cups munggo bean sprouts, chopped (Lay out pile of sprouts on cutting
- board and chop just a couple of times so they aren’t as long as usual.) salt and while pepper to taste.
- Rinse and soak wakame seaweed for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Save soaking water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. When cooked, drain noodles and divide between 4 bowls.
- While noodle water is coming to a boil, mince ginger and garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of the seaweed water in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Stir-fry ginger, garlic and cod in seaweed water for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chopped wakame, turmeric, coconut milk, and the rest seaweed water and simmer on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro, scallion, lemon juice, and tomatoes, Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle over noodles and top with munggo bean sprouts.
Please download the recipe here